- The Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 also known as the General Data Protection Regulation (the GDPR), which became enforceable across the EU and the EEA from May 25th, 2018 having replaced the previous Directive 95/46/EC; In Ireland, the national law, which amongst other things, gives further effect to the GDPR, is the Data Protection Act 2018 (‘the 2018 Act’).
- The Directive 2009/136/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council of 25 November 2009 also known as the ePrivacy Directive, amending the Directive 2002/22/EC on universal service and users’ rights relating to electronic communications networks and services, Directive 2002/58/EC concerning the processing of personal data and the protection of privacy in the electronic communications sector and Regulation (EC) No 2006/2004 on cooperation between national authorities responsible for the enforcement of consumer protection laws;
- The California Consumer Privacy Act 2018 (the CCPA), assembly Bill of the State of California United States of America No. 375, under CHAPTER 55, an act to add Title 1.81.5 (commencing with Section 1798.100) to Part 4 of Division 3 of the Civil Code, relating to privacy and approved by Governor June 28, 2018. Filed with Secretary of State June 28, 2018 and enforceable from January 1st, 2020 onwards.
- Accessing and/or using any of Our products
- Registering on the Website for accessing and/or using any of Our products
- Requesting a demo for Our products through the Website
- Accessing the Website or any content thereof; and/or
- Simply viewing, surfing and/or browsing the Website.
When you visit a website, any website, it may store or gather information on your browser, mostly in the form of cookies. The information does not usually directly identify you, but it can give you a more personalized web experience.
We also receive data via the contact form, we register this data in order to process your request. The data is registered with and will be stored as long as it is relevant. Your data will not be given or sold to a third party.
“CCPA” means California Consumer Privacy Act, 2018;
“Cookies” means a small text file placed on your computer by this Website when you visit certain parts of the Website and/or when you use certain features of the Website;
“Data” means collectively all Information that you submit to Treffio via the Website. This definition incorporates, where applicable, the definitions provided in the Data Protection Laws;
“Data Protection Laws” means any applicable law relating to the processing of personal Data, including but not limited to the Directive 96/46/EC (Data Protection Directive) or the GDPR, CCPA and any other laws, regulations and secondary legislation placed by nations from where the User is;
“End User” means any person who enquires, accesses, engages with or places a request on our Website;
“GDPR” means the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679;
“Personal Data shall have the same meaning as defined under ‘Data Collected’;
“Sensitive Personal Data” shall have the same meaning as defined under ‘Data Collected’;
“User” or “You” means any person who accesses or uses the Website, if You are an enterprise, the definition includes authorized persons who use the Website on your behalf;
“Website” means the website that you are currently using at www.Treffio.com, and any sub-domains of this website unless expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions.
Traffic Data, Personal Data and such other Data as may be collected by us pursuant to Your or the End User’s use of the Website or provided to us by You or the End User by way of any sort of communication (“Information”) which allows the identification of a natural person (as defined under article 4 of the GDPR). The User and End User agree and acknowledge that the collection of such Information is essential for providing effective services to you.
means any information that identifies or is unique to You or the End User and includes but is not limited to contact data and demographic data. The Personal Data collected by Treffio is enlisted in Schedule I. Users and/or End-Users residing in the state of California may write to us at help@Treffio.com to learn more about the specific categories of Personal Data We are going to collect from the User/End User and the purpose for the same. Residents of California, under the provisions of CCPA, have the rights request information from us regarding the manner in which we share certain categories of “Personal Data” we collect, the specific business purposes for collecting such information and the categories of third parties with whom such information can be shared. For more information, please get in touch with our team at help@Treffio.com. Sensitive Personal Data refers to information that does not identify an individual, but is related to an individual and communicates information that is private or could potentially harm an individual should it be made public. Sensitive Personal Data is included in the definition of Personal Data.
means any data generated by the End User or You, or the End User’s or Your computer, computer system, device, program or network that forms part in a chain of communications indicating the communication’s origin, destination, route, format, intent, time, date, size, duration, or type of underlying service, which Treffio may automatically track and collect when End User accesses the Services, including IP Addresses; Domain Server Details; and/or other information with respect to Your or End Users device with the Website, Products, Services and other applications.
Treffio ApS – CVR: 42 02 16 79 – Njalsgade 21G, 3 2300 Copenhagen1; or “We” or “Us”, is the data controller regarding Treffio Processing Operations. You are protected by the rules and rights of data protection law, including the right of access to the information we have registered about you. If you want to make use of your rights, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Nevertheless, our events usually are created and managed by our Corporate Clients, which makes them the Controller and Treffio a Processor as defined under Article 4 of the GDPR.
Please refer to the Privacy Notice of the promoter of the event in which you are participating.
Personal Data Processing Activities
The Data We collect from You or End Users will be used for one or more of the following purposes to render our services more effective:
- Internal record keeping;
- Assist you in accessing or using our products and/or services;
- Preventing any potentially illegal activity and preventing screening of any undesirable or abusive activity;
- Monitor, maintain, troubleshoot and/or improve Our products and services and any associated features, including evaluation or devising new features;
- Performing statistical and/or analysis on the Data;
- Analyse and measure User and/or End User behaviour and trends;
- Use the information collected in such other form and manner to maintain the quality, effectiveness and standard of Our Website, products and services; and
- Contact for market research purposes including transmission of marketing materials that may be of interest to you whether by soft-opt-in or by opt-in methods.
We collect and store Personal Data in a segregated manner, however the same is used in an aggregated manner for the following purposes:
- To build user profiles and marketing profiles;
- To aid strategic development, data collection and analytics;
- To manage Our relationship with our advertisers, partners or any third parties; and
- To audit usage of Our products and services.
Confidentiality, Disclosure and Transfer
Treffio uses its best effort to keep confidential any information that it receives from You or End User, which Treffio may, in its reasonable opinion consider confidential, except the following:
- Such Data that was already known to Treffio prior to receiving it from the End User;
- Such Data that was received from such third party which is not subject to similar confidentiality restrictions;
- Such Data that is independently developed by Treffio; and/or
- Such Data is required to be disclosed by law.
- Treffio’s Group companies and/or affiliates;
- Treffio’s employees, agents and/or professional advisors – to provide information with respect to the enquiry and to provide any additional information which appears to be within the realm of the enquiry;
- Third party service providers who provide services to Us which require the processing of personal data; and
- Third party payment providers who access payments made over the Website.
Treffio strives to protect Personal Data during transmission and receipt by following generally acceptable industry standards, including the International Standard IS0 27001, GDPR and SOC2 Type 2 on “Information Technology-Security Techniques-Information Security Management System – Requirements”
Treffio’s security practices and procedures include measures to deal with any suspected data breach and are periodically reviewed and audited by a certified auditor approved by the Government. In the event that You or End User has any reason to believe that there has been a data breach, kindly inform Treffio on help@Treffio.com
Although Treffio makes best possible efforts to transmit and store all the Data collected in a secure operating environment that is not open to the public, due to the nature of the internet, Treffio cannot guarantee that there will be no unintended disclosures of the Data.
Change of Business Ownership and Control
In all of the above instances, we will take steps to ensure that Your privacy is protected.